Maeh Anne Cerdiño
– A senior member and a choregrapher of Teatro Marikeño.
– Her remarkable dance piece that she choreographed are the following:
Ibong Adarna – A full length play by Teatro Marikeño
Opening & Closing Dance at SGV Anniversary
Alvin Joseph Veneracion
– Took Theater Arts at the Polytechnic University of the Philippines. He is a Stage Actor, Dancer, Stage Manager, Workshop Facilitator, Playwright and Director.
– He is also a Board Member and the Artist Development Officer of Teatro Marikeño Inc.
Marikina Freedom Park, Marikina Cityhood Park and Marikina Riverside (Marikit)
Time of day for performance
4:00pm (Marikina Freedom Park); 4:30pm (Marikina Cityhood Park); and 5:00pm (Marikina Riverside – Marikit)
History of site and related water issues
Marikina River is a river in eastern Metro Manila, Philippines. It is a tributary of Pasig River with headwaters located in the Sierra Madre Mountains in Rodriguez, Rizal province. Marikina River used to be an important transport route during the Spanish colonial era, but its importance as a transport route diminished when the Philippines’ national highway system became more established. The resulting lack of river boat traffic and the deforestation of the upland areas in what is now the Upper Marikina River Basin Protected Landscape contributed to the river’s siltation, further reducing its value as a transport route. Due to negligence and industrial development, the river has become very polluted, an act which recent Marikina City administrations have attempted to address.
Section I – Santwaryo by Cynthia Alexander
Section II – Nag-iisang Mundo by Bayang Barrios
Section I – We will be using rituals and moving images of the sea, fishes, corals and fishermen to create a dance-theater piece.
Section II – We will be using the song of Bayang Barrios, Nag-iisang Mundo (One World). The dance shows a bit of Filipino Dance Culture.
Directions to site of the performance
Various land transportation ply the route going to Marikina City via bus in major roads or public jeepneys in minor roads in Metro Manila.
- From Cainta and Antipolo via Marikina City (BAYAN): Take a jeepney with the sign board ( cubao), ask the driver to drop you at Mcdo Marcos highway and ride a tricycle going straight to Marikina Sports Center. Estimated fare: 48.00 Or drop by at Fiesta Villa in A. Tuazon Marikina and ride a jeep with the sign board ( going to Marikina).Estimated fare: 20.00
- From Quezon City via Marikina City (BAYAN): Take a ride either Fx or jeep at Gateway Cubao, ride with the signboard going to ( Parang, SSS, Kalumpang ) and they’ll drop you off to Marikina Bayan. Estimated fare: 15.00- 20.00
- From Pasig City via Marikina City (BAYAN): Take a jeepney in Pasig Palengke and ride with the signboard going to Marikina(bayan),. Estimated fare: 10.00
- From San Mateo via Marikina (BAYAN): Take a jeepney with the signboard Marikina (BAYAN) Estimated fare: 10.00