Jardin Villemin, Paris 10 – near Canal Saint Martin
Date and Time:
June 24, 2017 at 5:00pm
Canal Saint Martin in front of Villemin Parc
She is a dancer, choreograph and a contemporary dance teacher working for the Paris City conservatorys and universities in Finland and France. She is certified Laban Movement Analyst from LIMS New York, she has studied in Paris 8 University dance department (DEA in 1997). She got her Master of Final Arts from Finland and she has pedagogy diploma for contemporary dance (D.E.) from Centre national de la danse, Paris.
She is simultaneously developing and practicing dance pedagogy, recherche and choreographic work (Compagnie Kivitasku) and working with different populations and ages, amateurs and professionals.
History of Site and Related Water Issues:
The Canal Saint-Martin is a 4.5 km long canal in Paris. It connects the Canal de l’Ourcq to the river Seine and runs underground between Bastille (Paris Métro) and République (Paris Métro). It is drained and cleaned every 10-15 years, uncovering tonnage of garbage and treasure alike.
Construction of the canal was ordered by Napoleon I in 1802, in order to create an artificial waterway for supplying Paris with fresh water to support a growing population and to help avoid diseases such as dysentery and cholera.
Every GWD we follow this Canal (GWD 2011 in front of Canal de l’Ourq in Pantin, 2013 in Villette and 2017 in Canal saint Martin) towards the Seine and then we will go on by following the Seine until the Atlantic Ocean !
We would love to be able to swim soon in this Canal and we hope, that the promisses will be kept to make this water clean for people and also for the fishes and other living beings
Musician, composer Pierre AGUT
There will be two different groups dancing together (25 dancers) during the final day, the 24th of June 2017 at 5:00 pm.
– One group from Morangis (Morangis City dance school 91)
– one group of students from Paris Conservatories and adult dancers
The performance will be in 4 parts and will last about one hour.
- 1st part – Welcoming discourse and The Ritual – will be directed by Christiane SCHMITZ , Doctor of Philosophy and Physics. The Ritual will be danced on the Canal Saint Martin in front of the Villemin Garden.
- 2nd part – choregraphy by Riina KOIVISTO, music Pierre AGUT in the lawn of the Jardin Villemin in front of the Canal
- 3rd part – global dance for all the sites, music Nicolas SOTO, repetitors : Sabrina LAUZANNA and Alice MARTIN
- 4th part – dancing with audience
Clothing: Anu GOULD – NANSO
We would love to have clean water in Paris Canals and to be able to swim soon in this Canal and we hope, that the promisses will be kept to make this water clean for people to enjoy it and also for the fishes and other living beings to live in this water.
Directions to the Site of Performance:
Jardin Villemin, near Canal Saint Martin
ACCES : 14 rue des Récollets, 75010 PARIS
Métro : Gare de l’Est, ligne 4,5,7
Velib : station N° 10015, 46 rue Lucie Sampaix, Station N° 10023, 1 avenue de Verdun
Email for more information:
How can I get involved?
There are many ways to get involved. We look for Photographers, Videographers, people to help us with the communication, marketing, to help us during the performance day. You can also come to dance with us, we look forward to find also environmental groups, etc.
Please contact us.
Other resources and links:
- Paris City and Paris 10th district conservatory : http://www.conservatoirehectorberliozparis10.fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/brochure_2017_CMA10.pdf (page 29)
Morangis City : http://www.morangis91.com